Tuesday, December 31, 2013

131313

This year I set the goal of running 13 half marathons (13.1 miles) before the end of the year (2013). I picked half marathons because I like the distance and have personally felt like they were relatively easy to accomplish without too much training. What a weak way to set a goal. Once the ball got rolling in January though I realized that for this goal to really be worth it, I would have to dedicate my efforts to training properly and attempting to set a new personal record (PR) otherwise it would be a waste of time, effort, and money.

Through 13 new-to-me races a lot happened: I completed a half marathon training schedule and ran 521 miles over the course of 3 months, I ran my first ever trail half marathon, I set a new PR for the trail half (1:49), I set a new PR for a road half (1:40), I placed 2nd in my age group, I placed 3rd in the Dirt Devil half marathon challenge, I strengthened some friendships and forged many new ones, I ran with a friend to complete her first ever half marathon, I ran more miles than I ever have before (1310 from Dec 2012 to Dec 2013), I got to see some beautiful places (namely Mammoth Lakes and Crater Lake),  and I learned that if I put my mind to something I can do it.






 







No comments: