Saturday, June 16, 2007

It was L-O-V-E at first sight

Today after my lengthy trip to the Dr's to start my medical diagnostic [for my Visa] I decided to stop by my favorite Borders. As usual, I always spend too my time there, but at least I remembered to get my Chinese - English Dictionary finally. ANYWAY, as I was looking at travel books I met someone. Now, those of you who know me know that I am usually not too social or outgoing [at times] and have been known to be an ass to complete strangers, namely men, who irritate me.

This, however, was completely different. This guy started up an easy conversation about traveling and the next thing I know, we are sitting in the stores' Seattle's Best Coffe shop for over an hour talking about places we want to go and things we want to see and do. It was amazing! When I mentioned my new fabulous book, "1000 Things to See Before You Die", he pulled it out of his bag....he had just purchased it!!

So, our conversation jumped around a lot but in summary it was really great to meet someone who wants to travel. He was saying that his plans for this next year are really up in the air as he is wanting to travel around but isn't sure yet where he really wants to go. Of course I had talked about my plans for China and Egypt and my hopes to do more traveling around Asia when my teaching year is done. He said it all sounded really great. And...I just couldn't help it...he was just so great and everything just seemed so right...I invited him to come with me!!

And he said yes! I am so excited! I really think this might be The One and I couldn't imagine a better way to start our love affair off than with traveling to a foreign country together and experiencing that huge life experience together.

I can't wait for you all to meet him! I am sure you are going to love him as much as I already do!! His name is Duvy and here is a pic for those of you who want to check him out...you know you do!!

True Love

No comments: